Quilted Holiday Table Runner Sew-A-Long!
Every day next week I will be making a quilted table runner, and I want you to join me! I'm calling this a Sew-A-Long and together we can make the first of this year's Christmas decorations and gifts for family and friends.
I like to start early - usually September - to begin thinking about Christmas and gifts, because I enjoy making many of the gifts I give - like quilts, table runners, place mats, stuffed baby toys, and I need to make sure I have the time to get it all done. I'm hoping that the Sew-A-Long will be a regular feature on Raisin Toast. Won't that be fun?!! I enjoy having a friend or two to sew with me and this is a great virtual way to share in our projects. I will also try to create a page where I share your projects that we have worked on together with your name and link to your blog or website if you have one. It is a great way for me to say "Thank you" for reading Raisin Toast and sharing in my life and projects.
So let's get started! Here are the details:
You will need to get:
* "12 Days of Christmas" Charm Pack by Moda Fabrics or 32 Charm Squares (5" x 5") or any holiday fabric of your choice.
* 1 Skein of Embroidery Floss - Red (pictured is a collection of 36 skeins of embroidery floss, but you will only need red for this project. If you are close to a "Michaels Craft Store" or fabric store, you can find the embroidery floss there.)
* Cotton quilt batting - baby crib size will be more than enough!
* about 1/2 yard of green ribbon (You can find this at your local fabric store)
* about 1/2 yard of red ribbon (Preferably 1" to 1-1/2" width for bows on the top of the table runner, but only if you want to add this decoration when the runner is complete.)
You will also need:
* 3/4 yard of 44" fabric - Creme or Winter White
* 1/4 yard of 44" fabric - Red and White print (You might see if your fabric store carries the "12 Days of Christmas" fabric collection by Moda and use the same red & white print that is in the charm pack!)
* 1/2 yard of 44" fabric - Aqua or Green (various shades are fine too)
* 1/3 yard of 44" fabric - Red (various shades are fine too, and this includes the binding as well).
NOTE: You can find most all of these supplies at your local fabric supply and/or craft store like Michaels Craft Store. It is probably easier to order the pattern and the charm pack, however, online through a reputable supplier. I linked to the "Fat Quarter Shop" because they are a great online resource and are fast to ship!
* * * * * * *
Raisin Toast is going to be featured all next week on We All Sew! And, that makes it a perfect time to start my sew-a-long with you!
I hope you will join me on this sewing adventure! Thank you to We All Sew for featuring Raisin Toast on your site and introducing me to your readers!
Would you like to see some beautiful holiday table runners? I thought you might like to be inspired ...
Check out these beauties from Crazy for Quilts!
I love this runner! It was handmade by none other than Jingle Jolly, aka Happy Zombie, or Monica Solorio-Snow back in 2007. I'll bet she pulls this out every holiday. Love the pattern as much as I do?
Just click on my little goodie box for your free pattern courtesy of Jingle Jolly Monica.
And while you're at it, check out Monica's Tiny Trick-or-Treat (smell my sewing machine feet) bags and pattern that she has featured on her site and also in the Better Homes & Garden Quilts and More Fall issue!
But wait! Here's another great table runner project for you to print off!! ...
This is made with heavier fabric from Calico Corners. Here are the instructions, courtesy of Woman's Day!
Add this to your craft box:
By the way, if you have any questions or need help with this project, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Now, let's get started by making some holiday table runners to start our season off beautifully! *